Apalachee Tapestry Magnet School of the Arts (ATMSA) was established in 1999 as Leon County’s first elementary magnet school. Since then, ATMSA has excelled in enhancing student education through artistic emphasis. Our program incorporates the arts into standardized state-approved core curricula. The goal of the educators and staff at ATMSA is to help students develop a passion for learning while nurturing their existing creativity.
- Dance, Drama
- Fine and Graphic Arts
- Violin, Band, Guitar
- Technology in a cutting-edge learning environment.
Tapestry infuses standard state-approved curricula with creative arts
and cutting-edge technology as a means to improve the quality of
education for the “whole” child. Students enrolled at ATSMA are
provided with diverse and exciting creative learning experiences. Each
child receives intensive fine art instruction that also encourages
Grades K-3 receive creative infusion through visual art, drama, music and graphic arts, in addition to traditional special-area classes.
Grades 4-5 continue to receive additional creative infusion as well as traditional special area offerings. However, students at these levels may choose specific areas of art focus to refine their creative experiences.
Tapestry participates in the Leon CountySchool system’s
Strings-in-Schoolsprogram. Strings students are given opportunities to
perform in school and in the community.
Apalachee Tapestry provides opportunities for all students to share their experiences in the arts. Student talent is showcased in a variety of events such as our “Evening of the Arts” and other grade level performances. Student artwork is displayed and performances are presented throughout the school and local community.
The performance/production groups are:
- 4th-5th grades Mixed Media/Gardening
- Vibrations Drum Ensemble
Apalachee Tapestry Magnet School of the Arts is open to all Leon County elementary school students from any school zone. Transportation is provided to all students who wish to attend ATMSA
If you are NOT zoned for Apalachee Tapestry Magnet School of the Arts:
- You must complete a Choice Application Form and submit it to the Choice Office on or before March 1.
If you are zoned for another school in Leon County other than ATMSA:
- Pick up a Reassignment Request Form from either
- your home zone school, Apalachee Tapestry Magnet School of the Arts, Leon County School website (www.leonschools.net), or the Choice School Office (850-414-5160.
- Complete and submit the Reassignment Request Form to the Leon County Choice Office.
- You must also complete a Registration Form for Admission to Apalachee Tapestry Magnet School of the Arts, once your reassignment has been approved.
If you are zoned for Apalachee Tapestry Magnet School of the Arts:
- You must complete an Application Form and submit it to the school on or before July 1.